Monday, July 25, 2011

Astana Grilled Burger

I have always wanted to sink my teeth into one of those roadside burgers, but I just never did stop by at any of those stalls until I heard about this grilled burger gerai at Jalan Astana.  Located at GPS Coordinate/Google Map: 1.575161,110.33595, this stall is just outside house No. 136, opposite a bus stop, and has a banner that spells ASTANA GRILLED BURGER which you won’t miss as you drive along the dimly-lit road.

This stall serves grilled beef burgers every day, except for Sunday which is their rest day.  And Saturday is special because they also serve grilled chicken burgers.

No. 136, Jalan Astana

The burgers come in different sizes, and of course, at different prices. The eclectic range of add-ons will surely thrill the taste buds of burger lovers to no end. You just have to go there and be witness to these mouth-watering creations yourself. 



On my maiden trip there, my makan kaki and I ordered Regular Beef Burger with Blackpepper Sauce and Regular Beef Burger with Meat Sauce. The moment I sank my teeth into mine, I was momentarily transported to seventh heaven. Not only was the beef patty flavourful, it was so juicy. It was not too overtly spicy. Just to my liking.

The beef patty is homemade from the freshest of meat daily. That we were told. Even the sauce is homemade. The lady who manned the stall assured us that they use only the freshest of ingredients.

Look at those mouth-watering beef patties

I must say that they also make hygiene their priority. 


Tadaaaa...our burgers!

Regular Grilled Beef Burger

On another trip there, I ordered a Regular Grilled Chicken Burger.  The grilled chicken patty was not as good as the beef patty. It was rather dry.  I guess I won't be ordering it anymore. :)


Regular Grilled Chicken Burger

So folks, wait no more. Go...go try it now!

3 comments:

jOu said...

oh man, looks SSSSOOOOO good!!!! must check it out ... one long drive day hahhaha :D

Celciusz said...

thnx 4 the review.
come again,AGB wit new lok..no more red canopy,no more small banner n no more old rusty gate...:)

justme said...

yes. went just not long ago. new roof, brighter light now. good job! keep it up, ya. will be back there very soon.