Sunday, August 28, 2011

2011 Ramadhan Bazaar

Ramadhan brings with it much flavours. I enjoy going to the few Ramadhan bazaars in Kuching whenever Ramadhan comes a-knocking as I know I’ll be greeted with a myriad of traditional delicacies which only surface during this time of the year. It is indeed a sight to behold.

The ever popular Satok Ramadhan Bazaar has never failed to please a shutterbug like me.

Satok Ramadhan Bazaar

This year, I also made my way to the Kem Penrissen Ramadhan Bazaar, sanctioned by the West Malaysians to be the bazaar to get authentic Semenanjung food like nasi kerabu, ayam percik, satar and the likes.

Kem Penrissen Ramadhan Bazaar
On the way back to Kuching City, I stopped by the Kota Sentosa Ramadhan Bazaar. My first time there, and I was amazed by the huge volumes of people. Walking the entire length of the bazaar with the intention to capture some shots required a Herculean effort. The crowds were shoulder to shoulder!

Kota Sentosa Ramadhan Bazaar
I decided that I should also visit the Stutong Ramadhan Bazaar, and I wasn’t disappointed for I was greeted by a kaleidoscope of colours upon my arrival.

Stutong Ramadhan Bazaar
Okay, you must be wondering if I bought anything at all from any of the Ramadhan bazaars. Well, I did, but none of them made a lasting impression. Till the next Ramadhan…

No comments: