Saturday, September 4, 2010

Iftar @ Borneo Convention Centre Kuching, The Isthmus

The Ramadhan Buffet at BCCK returns!  Yes, and they are keeping up with their standards.  I made it there again for two consecutive years.  Oh, just thinking of the sumptuous spread makes me salivate.  So much food that one is spoilt for choice.  And it is priced at RM58 nett, lower than last year's.

Call to make reservation & collect your voucher upon arrival


New!  The Ramadhan Bazaar.  There are a number of booths selling bags, pastries and cakes, miniatures, etc. Sale was slow that evening I was there with my sister.

This year, they offer pre-dinner nibbles and drinks which are served after the Maghrib prayer, when the Muslims break fast.


After checking our table number, we headed to the dining hall, which to me, was rather tastefully decorated. The table allocated to us was inside the dining hall. Business must have been brisk that evening for tables could be seen lining the hallway. That speaks volume eh?


The food bar area where the main dishes were skilfully arranged, were jam-packed, so I made my way to the dessert bar.  My oh my… the sight that greeted me… was beyond imagination.  And the taste was simply beyond words. Imbued with so much flavor, they were indeed to die for.





By the time I was done at the dessert bar, the queue at the food bar was still long. I made a beeline to yet another food bar.  There were all sorts of ulam-ulaman, umai, serunding, etc.

Yummilicious, aren’t they? Simply mouth-watering.
There are more stalls this year, I observed. An improvement indeed.


Ahhh.....the best part of the dinner! The main dishes. They truly tantalised my tastebuds. I made sure I savour a bit of everything that was served. They were simply divine.



They also served tapas, cold cuts, smoked salmons and poached seafood that evening.  One word to describe them : Heavenly.


The Ramadhan Buffet at BCCK is highly recommended (by the Anton Ego in me, that is). You won’t regret!  Make your way there now, folks.  The buffet dinner ends 5th September 2010.


Have you seen a blog post with these many photos?  No?  I must be super kiasu then. :D


Glossary
The Maghrib prayer – a prayer performed just after sunset, and is the fourth of five formal daily prayers performed by practicing Muslims
Ulam-ulaman – vegetables which are eaten raw
Serunding – the bone-dry, floss version of rendang
Tapas – the name of a wide variety of appetisers or snacks in Spanish cuisine
Anton Ego - the food critic in ‘Ratatouille’
Umai - a local Melanau dish in Sarawak using raw fish slices, onions, lime and chilli

No comments: