Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Yado Cafe & Bistro

I was on my way back from work last Saturday when there was a massive traffic jam which had caused a bumper-to-bumper crawl along Jalan Keretapi.  To overcome the boredom of having to wait to get out of the jam, my eyes constantly scanned the surrounding.  Everything seems familiar except for this particular cafe called Yado Cafe & Bistro.  And there was this irresistible urge to go and see what it has to offer.


The next evening, my friend and I made a trip there.  For yet another 'yum char' session.  The interior was cosy; the walls and windows are decorated with cute stickers.  Scanning through the menu, I had the feeling that I would make another trip back to savour even more.  The list of drinks which boasts of varieties amazed us to no end.

I ordered a Black Tangerine which is a combination of coffee and orange.  Weird combination, isn't it?  Well, it's not as weird as I thought.  It tasted good, just that the orangey tang was rather overpowering.


My friend ordered Iced Latte, which was decent, in my opinion.


What is "yum char" without some finger food, right?  We continued to scan the food menu list.  Ahhh...the Egg Roll.  Looks very appealing, so we ordered one.  And we were greatly rewarded;  it was good.  The filling consists of generous chopped prawns, chicken, spring onion and mayonnaise.  I just loved the juxtaposing textures of the egg roll skin and the filling.


We also had the Fried Squid Rings which were well fried.  Non-greasy and lightly battered.


While enjoying our food and drinks, we continued to look at the menu.  Honey Chicken, Lemon Chicken, Curry Chicken, Rendang Beef, Kam Heong Chicken, Mixed Vegetables...the list goes on.  Hmmm...looks like we'll be back to this place in no time.  *grin*

No comments: